Wednesday, September 9, 2009

17 Days and Counting

September 26, 2009. That is the day Hannah and I plan to begin our journey. I can't even express how excited I am to have a real date set. I've been dreaming about this trip since Dec. '08 and it's starting to look really tangible. (I'd like to note that the song "Hungry" -- this version by Candlefuse -- just started playing on the online radio station I listen to. Very appropriate.) There were many days where I questioned whether or not I should try to make this trip happen, whether it was really okay with God that I do this. Part of me felt like I was running away from my responsibilities, but another part of me felt so unfulfilled in what I was doing. I'm not sure yet where my passion lies, or how to live it out for God, but I don't think it's what I'm doing now. So hopefully I'll find it in another city or state.

The downside of having a specific date in mind is that Hannah and I are realizing how much we have to do in so little time. Today I finally went through the process to get my student loans deferred, and hopefully this afternoon I will get the phone situation figured out (if we end up having to get a new phone number for a while, I'll let ya'll know). Hannah and I are both trying to figure out how much of various things we need to bring, and trying to balance that with how much room we have in the car. It can be an overwhelming task.

This past weekend was great, though, and helped get me more pumped for the trip and the experiences we'll have. I went to visit Hannah for a few days, and we mostly just hung out at her Grandma's house. On Saturday the three of us had a really cool discussion about all things God and we were all able to share our views on various ideas. It reminded me how fun it is to talk to people who have different opinions, especially when the people involved don't cling to their beliefs so much and don't feel the need to defend themselves. I am sooo looking forward to having more moments like that!!

Well, I think that's all I have to say for now. As always, your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated, and if you have any questions about anything, please ask!



God bless, over and out.

~Marissa

2 comments:

  1. 17 days...that's a way better deal than "The Ring" offers.

    Seriously though, there's so much "God Amazing" in this, I don't even know where to start...so I won't. But this trip is going to be incredible and blessed. :) :)

    So, you're going to be updating 12 times a day on the trip, right? Right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm...this might be one of those times when I choose a different Biblical, say 3, to use in my life. Or < 1. That's in there a lot too.

    And yes, I try to be a little more generous than most horror movies. Unfortunately "The Birds" will always have me beat.

    ReplyDelete