Friday, October 16, 2009

½ #19-20

We didn’t really have any exciting stops this time around, but the day was full of surprises. The first came at a rest stop in Ohio where we learned that Hannah’s friends who live in Pittsburgh don’t actually live in Pittsburgh. They live on completely the other side of Pennsylvania. So we scrambled to contact anyone we could about staying in Pittsburgh or Buffalo, NY. We even tried contacting someone at the Church of LDS. Eventually, though, we ended up at a hotel in Niagara Falls, NY with a discount through Hannah’s cousin. Phew. We had some trouble finding the place, but in the end we got there and had pizza to boot. Not a bad setup.

Funny story of the day: Hannah was on the phone with a girl at Pizza Hut while I was laying on one of the beds telling her what I wanted on my half of the pizza. I farted louder than I had intended (hopefully you know me well enough to know that that’s not unusual for me...or maybe you’re learning something new about me) and Hannah started laughing. That of course caused me to start laughing as well, so we were both cracking up while Hannah was on the phone. I had to leave the room so that she could compose herself enough to finish the order. The Pizza Hut girl probably thought we were crazy.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for this one. Don’t forget to check out new pictures here.

God bless, over and out.
~Marissa

5 comments:

  1. lol...i sense a trait/characteristic to someone you know...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is EVO? If it's a company, they should be paying for your trip......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish you posted more often. If you're still traveling by freeways, you're about to hit "toll booths" It's been years, so I'm sure they're more modern now, but it seems like every 20 miles, you have to pay a toll fee. They're coming soon to the PNW, too. If you have good maps and travel backroads, no tolls!

    Are you going to New England? i.e. NH, VT, ME, MA RI? I think you missed the fall colors though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good trait to have. :)

    No, Evo isn't supporting us, but we've discussed that they should be. Although technically it's vandalism so they probably wouldn't officially condone what we're doing. But it's a ski/snowboard shop, to answer your question. And we're seeing a lot of great colors so far. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally had some time to catch up on your adventures and it sounds so awesome! Thanks for the updates, and even the ones with TMI, but I look forward to more. Praying for you, too.

    -John

    ReplyDelete